Golbon is a national foodservice distribution organization with 185 independently-owned foodservice distributor members located throughout the United States and over 600 suppliers, both national and regional in scope. Golbon’s distributor members join Golbon to gain buying power and marketing clout, and to help them compete more effectively with national corporate distributors.
Golbon provides a wide range of valuable services to its members including product sourcing for over 100,000 foodservice products, and a marketing identity that independent distributors cannot achieve on their own. In addition, Golbon provides buying, financial and travel incentive programs, two major food shows annually, marketing and merchandising support, warehousing, distribution, distributor personnel training, and education programs.
The services and support Golbon offers its members gives them many financial benefits along with professional and organizational development assistance. Some of the specific programs and rewards Golbon offers are:
- Distributor financial rewards including the Golbon District Manager Program
- Golbon Destinations and Golbon Premier Club incentive trips based on achievement
- Marketing materials, corporate identity development and other support through Lumen Creative, an in-house design department
- Golbon Logistics freight services
- Golbon Protein Advantage, a customized national meat program
- Independent Procurement Alliance Program (IPAP), the nation's largest refrigerated cheese program
The programs and services that Golbon provides create a strong sense of partnership between Golbon and its members. Golbon's key personnel are highly experienced in foodservice distribution. They are able to provide member distributors with expert marketing and merchandising support, and assistance in managing their companies more professionally to achieve a higher level of growth and profitability.
Golbon's vision is to be America’s most innovative value-producing foodservice marketing group.